Students, you may consult your problems related to the material in this forum. We will also have question and answer session in this forum.
DISCUSSION FORUM
Now who will try to answer:
1. There are plenty of tomatoes in the fridge. You (mustnΓÇÖt, shouldnΓÇÖt, neednΓÇÖt, may not) buy any.
1. There are plenty of tomatoes in the fridge. You (mustnΓÇÖt, shouldnΓÇÖt, neednΓÇÖt, may not) buy any.
1. There are plenty of tomatoes in the fridge. You needn't buy any.
2. It's a hospital. You (mustnΓÇÖt, shouldnΓÇÖt, neednΓÇÖt, donΓÇÖt have to) smoke
2. It's a hospital. You mustnΓÇÖt smoke
3. He had been working for more than 11 hours. He (must, need, had better, mustnΓÇÖt) be tired after such hard work. He (may, should, must, had better) prefer to get some rest.
3. He had been working for more than 11 hours. He must be tired after such hard work. He may prefer to get some rest.
4. I (could, may, can, must) speak Arabic fluently when I was a child and we lived in Morocco. But after we moved back to Canada, I had very little exposure to the language and forgot almost everything I knew as a child. Now, I (may, can, must, need) just say a few things in the language.
4. I could speak Arabic fluently when I was a child and we lived in Morocco. But after we moved back to Canada, I had very little exposure to the language and forgot almost everything I knew as a child. Now, I can just say a few things in the language.
5. The teacher said we (can, neednΓÇÖt, must, should) read This book for our own pleasure as it is optional. But we (could, need, neednΓÇÖt, must) read it if we don't want to.
5. The teacher said we can read This book for our own pleasure as it is optional. But we needn't read it if we don't want to.
6. (May, Need, Must, Can) you stand on your head for more than a minute? No, I (may not, neednΓÇÖt, canΓÇÖt)
6. can you stand on your head for more than a minute? No, I can't
7. If you want to learn to speak English fluently, you (could, need, neednΓÇÖt, must) to work hard.
7. If you want to learn to speak English fluently, you need to work hard.
8. Take an umbrella. It (need, should, mustnΓÇÖt, might) rain later.
8. Take an umbrella. It might rain later.
9. You (shouldnΓÇÖt, need, neednΓÇÖt, may not) leave small objects lying around . Such objects (must, need, need, mustnΓÇÖt) be swallowed by children
9. You shouldn't leave small objects lying around . Such objects must be swallowed by children
10. People (couldnΓÇÖt, neednΓÇÖt, mustnΓÇÖt, may not) walk on grass
10. People mustn't walk on grass